Burrard Drugstore Inc. o/a Plitio
Last modified: July 19, 2021
Burrard Drugstore Inc. o/a Plitio (“Plitio,” ”we,” “us,” “our,”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that website users (“you”) may provide when you download, install, access, or use www.plitio.com (the “Website”) or Plitio's mobile application (the "App", and together with the Website, the "Platform")
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information that you may provide when you visit our Platform.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This policy applies only to information we collect:
- on the Platform;
- in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Platform;
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser based interactions between you and this Website; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
2.INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect information about you through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms, using the Platform, visiting the Website or the App, corresponding with us by way of telephone calls, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, when you use the Platform, for example, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Social media interactions, when you follow our social media platforms, or interact with us on social media.
The types of information that we collect include:
- Personal information that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, residential and mailing address, email address, telephone number, LinkedIn ID (if you choose LinkedIn as your sign up method), internet protocol (IP) address, username or other similar identifier, care card or provincial personal health number, medication and prescription information, information regarding allergies, medical history, insurance information billing and account information, age, date of birth, gender, demographics, preferences on service providers, dates and times of service, photographs, and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information”).
- Medical Information. When signing up for health-related services or ordering prescription drugs, personal information may also require you to provide certain physical and mental health information, including but not limited to personal and family medical history information, details of your existing medications, existence of drug allergies, medications requested and prescription information, the name of your primary physician and his or her contact information, your provincial health number and any private health benefits number or account information. This information is necessary for verifying your identity, fulfilling your orders, contacting you in regards to your prescription and providing you with services.
- Information from representation. In some instances, users may have a person who is authorized to act on the user's behalf to manage the user's prescriptions (a "User Representative") or a user for whom you will be a User Representative. If a user wishes to have you act as the User Representative for the purposes of managing his or her prescriptions and services, we may collect information about you from that user, such as your name, email address, telephone number, date of birth and gender. If another user wishes to act as a User Representative for you, we may collect your name, email address, telephone number, date of birth and gender. If you are a user and you are a parent or guardian of a minor and wish to act as User Representative for the minor for the purposes of managing the minor’s prescriptions and services, we may collect from you the minor’s name, date of birth and gender. This information is necessary for verifying your identity or your User Representative’s identity, fulfilling your orders, contacting you regarding your prescription and providing you with the services.
- Information collected via third parties. When you or your User Representative fill prescriptions through our Platform, you or your User Representative will provide us with your prescription information, including the medication requested, amounts and information regarding your physician or other prescribing professional. We will use this information to fill your prescription as required. This information will be stored, processed and shared with the PharmaNet system, if you are resident in British Columbia, or such other prescription drug information system as required by applicable law in your applicable jurisdiction. We may also contact your physician or the prescribing professional if additional information regarding your prescription is required. Some additional information obtained from your physician or prescribing professional may also be personal information, such as additional information regarding your medical history or medications. We may discuss specific medications with you or your User Representative via email, live chat, phone call or any other communication.
- Billing and other payment information, including payment method details, such as a credit card number.
- Non-personal information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website and App feature or obtain information such as medication adherence statistics and location data.
- Technical information, including your login information, device type, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operation system and platform, information about your internet connection, GPS location, and usage details.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use the Platform, including when you or a User Representative register for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you see through features we provide.
- Types of services or other transactions while using the Platform. We collect data with respect to your usage of the Platform and non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full URLs, clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We provide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe from our emails or communications or opt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by accessing the Website, using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our emails, or emailing to [email protected]
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use the Platform, we may ask you to provide:
- Information by filling in forms on the Platform. This includes information you provide when registering to use the Platform, posting material, or requesting services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including email addresses and phone numbers, if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research or other purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Platform and order fulfillment. We may require you to provide financial information before placing an order through the Platform.
- Your search queries on the Platform.
We recommend and encourage you to think carefully about the information you disclose about yourself. We do not recommend that you disclose your email address, URLs, instant messaging details, phone numbers, full names or addresses, credit card details, national identity numbers, drivers' license details and other sensitive information which is open to abuse and misuse on your profile. When you post information about yourself on your profile or account, the amount of personal information you share is at your own risk.
This is information collected that does not directly or indirectly identify an individual and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual. We may use or share Anonymous Information without special limitations, including sharing with third parties.
This is information created about groups or categories of individuals from Personal Information and Anonymous Information that does not identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual. We may use or share Aggregate Information without special limitations, including sharing with third parties. For example, we may share with a third-party providing research services that, in turn, will help to enhance the experiences of Plitio. Such third parties may publish the results of these research findings.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
When you download, access, and use the Platform, it may automatically collect:
- Usage details. When you access and use the Platform, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Platform.
- Device information. We may collect information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored information and files. The Platform also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location information. The Platform may collect real-time information about the location of your device.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser setting that are used for browser cookies.
- Web beacons. Pages of the Platform and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Plitio, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
You can opt out of receiving interest based advertising and several third party da servers' and networks' cookies simultaneously through the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada's Adchoices opt-out tool. To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit www.youradchoices.ca for information on how you can opt out of behavioural tracking on or through the Platform and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that help users exercise their choices about behavioural tracking. Please note that opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information that may include personal information. We may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. This usage information helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a more personalized service, including by helping us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences and customize our Platform according to your individual preferences.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Platform.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download or use any part of the Platform.
3.HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- for profile verification to create a user account.
- To provide you with the Platform and its contents.
- To process transactions and manage your account with Plitio.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To send you information related to our Platform, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, information related to product safety or recall issues and support and administrative messages.
- To attempt to contact you regarding product safety or recall issues.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided it or that were described when it was collected or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights in any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Platform, products or services, or customer relationships and experiences.
- For marketing purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or other features on our Platform.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- For any other purpose with your consent or that is otherwise permitted or required by law.
Usage information that we collect helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Platform.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile, use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our emails, and or email us at [email protected] For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
4.PROFILE VERIFICATION INFORMATION
For safety and security and to ensure users have the best possible user experience, we require users to verify their accounts by providing certain personal information referenced above, such as your phone number. We want to ensure that users are not creating fake accounts which can be used for malicious activities and cybercrime.
5.DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- According to applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Plitio’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Plitio about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as web hosting services, credit card payment processing, provincial/private health plan coverage, pharmacy software providers, order processing and delivery, analytics and search engine providers that help us optimize and improve our services provided that such third parties have agreed to comply with legally required privacy standards, keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process personal information following the same standards set out in this policy.
- We will also provide Personal Information to PharmaNet, if you are resident in British Columbia, or such other prescription drug information system as required by applicable law in your applicable jurisdiction. We may also contact your physician or the prescribing professional if additional information regarding your prescription is required and may disclose or obtain personal information through such contact.
- We may have the need to disclose your personal information to a third party licensed pharmacy and a prescribing physician in order to fill your prescription(s). We may also disclose your personal information to your provincial and/or private health plan as a matter of convenience for payment of your prescription purchases for your convenience.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose we disclose when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, according to applicable law. It is important that users behave in accordance with the Terms and Conditions while using the Platform. We will cooperate with all third parties to enforce their intellectual property or other rights. We will also cooperate with law enforcement where we are required to by law, where there is an investigation into alleged criminal behaviour or to protect the vital interests of a person. This may include preserving or disclosing your information, including your personal information, if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues (for example, anti-spam providers to protect the service from criminal activity or to protect our rights or property or those of third parties).
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts between you and us and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Plitio, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
6.TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide us to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support the Platform (such as analytics providers that assist us with Platform improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to other countries with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards comply with this policy and applicable Canadian laws.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Platform, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
7.CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Location Information. You can choose whether to allow the Platform to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Platform may be inaccessible or not function properly. If you have given Plitio access to your location, but wish to turn this off, you can do so by visiting the privacy settings of your device. If you require assistance, you should contract your device/service provider. You can also email [email protected]
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by adjusting the opt-out methods available to you under your account's Settings. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping it confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Platform like message boards, which any Platform visitor can view.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any Platform privacy settings or security measures.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize or aggregate your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
10.PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Platform is not intended for persons under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Platform or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
11.ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account on the Website and visiting your account profile page.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected]
12.WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at [email protected] Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you make your decision.
14.CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
PlitioUnit 100 – 2240Chippendale RoadWest Vancouver, BC V7S 3J5
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information and our compliance with this policy and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact us using the contact information listed above.